- Neoprene: Eco-friendly 100% Japanese limestone nanoprene provides superior warmth by repelling water without compromising on flexibility
- Lining: Exclusive technology to Xcel - Celliant Black lining that combines Xcel's TDC (Thermo Dry Celliant) technology constructed from smart fibres with added heat retention minerals that provides longer lasting warmth with quick-dry properties
- Chest zip entry: Watertight & easy access chest zip with magnetic closure allows for unrestricted flexibility across the back panel and reduces water flushing
- Seams: Stitch free power seams with FusionX seam tape for impressive waterproofing and flexibility
- Sealed cuffs: Glideskin neck seal, drylock wrist seal and nexskin ankle seals all work to create a watertight seal to prevent water flushing when duck-diving or wiping out
- Knee panels: DuraFlex contoured pads with flex to allow for freedom of movement with back knee flex grooves providing a 'second skin' feel to prevent bunching
- Dope dye: Neoprene is dope-dyed via an eco-friendly process with superior anti-fade qualities
- Attached hood: Lined with insulating TDC with Celliant Black technology, the elasticated cinch fastening creates a secure fit and the attached brim channels water away from the face
TDC Thermo Dry Celliant
TDC Thermo Dry Celliant High Pile
Fast drying, lightweight, and naturally hydrophobic, TDC is our warmest wetsuit lining ever, and an Xcel exclusive found nowhere else in the market. TDC's clinically proven Smart Fiber Technology converts your body heat into infrared energy for maximum warmth, increased endurance, faster recovery, and enhanced overall athletic performance. The plush, high pile TDC ensures maximum core warmth. In surf fullsuits, this is an orange wave print. In dive fullsuits, this is a white/red diamond print.
TDC Thermo Dry Celliant Low Pile
Fast drying, lightweight, and naturally hydrophobic, TDC is our warmest wetsuit lining ever, and an Xcel exclusive found nowhere else in the market. TDC's clinically proven Smart Fiber Technology converts your body heat into infrared energy for maximum warmth, increased endurance, faster recovery, and enhanced overall athletic performance. The infared printed low pile TDC delivers the ideal balance of warmth and flexibility.
Waterproof Drylock Entry System
The most advanced front entry system with a 100% waterproof Drylock zipper angled along the upper chest. The zipper flap is attached at the right shoulder to keep more water out. A Two-Part SmoothSkin Hem Seal on the left open shoulder forms a more complete, secure seal. The Magnetic Zip Closure allows for easier and quicker release than traditional snap locks. The inner Crosssover Neck Entry features overlapping panels that stretch to allow extra wide, step-in-through-the-neck entry.
Two-Part SmoothSkin Hem Seal
Wide SmoothSkin hem seal on the zipper flap's left open shoulder, plus tonal printed graphics on the left shoulder directly underneath the hem, forms a more complete and secure seal that keeps even more water out.
Magnetic Zip Closure
Innovative, quick release zipper closure features double magnets on the zipper pull tab and attached zipper flap that securely lock the zipper in place, for easier and quicker release than traditional snap locks.
Crossover Neck Entry
Overlapping inner front and back neck panels (underneath the zipper flap) stretch to allow extra wide, step-in-through-the-neck entry.
The most lightweight, premium foam available; significantly lighter, stretchier, and softer than standard foams.
Comfortable, lightweight neoprene with softer foam and a tighter weave textile for less water absorption, better durability, and maximum stretch.
Texture embossed rubber that provides excellent wind resistance; ideal for outer chest panels hoods, and other areas that would otherwise lose warmth quickly.
Fusion Weld Stitch-Free Seams
The most durable, stitch-free, maximum all-way stretch seam construction; glued seams are heat fused together with a strong, lightweight outer composite and finished with inner taping for a fully leakproof seal that keeps in maximum warmth.
Thermo Dry Seam Tape
This all-way stretch, lightweight, durable interior seam tape creates an even better seal that keeps warmth in and water out. The tape is either infrared patterned (products with TDC) or yellow (non-TDC products).
Drylock Wrist Seals
An Xcel exclusive, this seamless, engineered "donut seal" construction keeps more water out, minimizes flushing, and forms a snug, comfortable seal.
Inner NexSkin Seals
A thin band of liquid neoprene ("NexSkin") in the inner wrists and/or ankles forms an excellent seal and helps minimize flushing.
Back Knee Flex Grooves
Behind-the-knee cutouts for maximum flexibility.
DuraFlex Knee Panels
Comfortable, durable knee panels that stretch with you.
Less Seam = More Stretch
Smarter product design means minimizing seams to maximize stretch. Any seams used are always pre-bent and contoured for a truly engineered fit.